Welcome to our website! We hope that it will serve as a useful resource for you, and that you will take advantage of all the information and become an informed voter.
Elections SSMU is a politically autonomous service provided by the Student Society of McGill University (SSMU). As our name suggests, our main responsibility is to run referenda and elections within the SSMU. Here are the elections we run annually:
- First Year Council – Fall Semester
- Referendum – Fall and Winter Semesters
- SSMU Executive, Senate, and CKUT Representatives Election – Winter Semester
- General Assembly Online Ratification – All year
We also run special referenda or elections when necessary. In addition, we act as a resource for faculty or departmental associations, or any clubs and services that need advice or assistance. The elections team consists of three (sometimes four) main members:
- Chief Electoral Officer (CEO)
- Deputy Electoral Officer (DEO)
- Elections Coordinators (EC)
As a team, our mandate is to run accountable elections for members of the SSMU. We are here to ensure that all students have an equal chance to vote, and that all candidates follow electoral procedures that are in place to ensure fair elections.
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us.